Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gratefully counting - #1129 - #1146

1129.  The joy and excitement of being there when she got the call about the baby that they may be able to adopt and the conversation with newly made contacts that He used to softly whisper, "I've touched many lives through adoption." Then learning that she listened for His voice and no peace was there.  The birth mother changed her mind.  It was a practice run!
1130.  The reminder that God didn't make marriage to make me happy, but to make me holy.
1131.  That God is big enough to answer my deepest questions.
1132.  That God gives us eyes to see the ugliness of our sin, if we just look.
1133.  The sweetness and compassion of my wee one asking me if I'm ok after I cough.
1134.  That sleep comes after the temper tantrums
1135.  That children are born for such a time as this and because of His plans we can have hope
1136.  God's reassuring messages sent throughout the day
1137.  Unsuspecting people allowing God to use them
1138.  when God clarifies and confirms the vision He's already given
1139.  servant-hearted living, giving and seeing
1140.  2 days off last week
1141.  2 days off this week
1142.  priceless time spent with my guys
1143.  the swagger that comes with wearing the football uniform
1144.  the pride that came from successfully blocking a kid that was bigger than older boy love
1145.  the wee one sweet prayers during a power outage while we were on the way home from football practice, "God, please help the workers at Old McDonald's"
1146.  that the boys want to jam to Jesus music

1 comment:

-t- said...

Jimmy & I are sharing the smiles of #1145, his sweet (too cute) prayer!

I am sharing the praise of every number! Such a beautiful, peace-full list this week. I hear Psalm 23 echoing in the recesses of my mind.

Prayers for you & yours, Praise to our Abba, and Love, love, love my Sister :)