Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sunrise Comfort

I'm out of town at a conference.  I'm laying here in a cozy king size bed in my pajamas in my oceanfront hotel room looking out the sliding glass door.  It's frigid outside - in the low 20s.  The heat is on and the covers are raised.  I'm looking out the sliding glass doors to see glimpses of the sunrise.  Sunrises are special to me.  About 6 years ago, God told me I was beautiful and He used a sunrise to do it.  He told me that no matter what others see, He always sees the sunrise as beautiful, even on a foggy day.  He said that this is how He sees me - always beautiful, no matter what others see. 

Today, I have a challenge.  The heat in my hotel room is on and I'm so comfortable that there is condensation on the sliding glass door and I can't get a clear view of the sunrise.  There is also a pole in my direct line of vision.  Ican see the colors and I can tell that the sun is rising, but it's all kind of foggy from the inside. 

I guess that's what happens when we get too cdomfrotable - things get foggy from the inside and we miss seeing all the beauty and wonder He has for us.  I know that my heart gets comforable in my routine of talking with Him, listinenting to Him, studying His word, living life in my comfort zone, not dealing with sin. 

I took a towel and wiped the windows so I could get a clear view.  It helped for a little bit, but now the windows are back to being foggy.  Until I change the temperature in my room, the condensation will still be there mo matter how hard I try or how often I wipe it away it will return.  I think that's the way it is with my heart.  I have to invite God to change my temperature so I can see His beauty and wonder clearly no matter how uncomfortable it is. 

I don't want to miss anything He has to offer, but am I willing to be uncomfortable to experience Him?  I hope and pray so!  I want to be able to see the difference and I know He does too!

2 comments:

-t- said...

amen & amen!!

i am thankful that i was there in that season, to hear the words roll from your awe and praise filled lips (i her Awestruck wonder/Revelation Song quietly playing in the recesses of my mind :):
God told me I was beautiful and He used a sunrise to do it. He told me that no matter what others see, He always sees the sunrise as beautiful, even on a foggy day. He said that this is how He sees me - always beautiful, no matter what others see.


i am thankful that i am here, in this season to see how you answer His call :)
Today, I have a challenge...
I don't want to miss anything He has to offer, but am I willing to be uncomfortable to experience Him?

and as the pictures speak, there is no doubt of your answer, as always:
Yes, Daddy God... “I am the Lord’s servant, May your word to me be fulfilled.” and as Gabriel said: For with God nothing will be impossible!

thank you, my Sister! what a way to start the day... the only way, meditating on Him, inviting Him, choosing Him, being loved by Him... in Him, Him alone :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_3W8XI7W2w

i am thankful for your sharing & i love you, girl!

Kara said...

Beautiful illustration my dear friend. And I am jealous of your experience! :)

And it does take being willing to be uncomfortable sometimes to see what God is trying to show us.

I do love the remembrance of yours about the six years ago and Him showing you how you are beautiful through a sunrise. I love how that sticks with you.

You are beautiful. So much so and it thrills my heart and makes me smile to know you know it.

Love,
Kara