Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Who am I?

Isaiah 44:2-3
2 This is what the LORD says—he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.
3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.

I have to tell you that I was wowed by these verses when I read them. How funny that God reminds us who He is, then proceeds to tell us not to be afraid, then tells us what He plans to do for us. Too cool! He calls Israel by 2 names: Jacob, my servant and Jeshurun, whom I have chosen. Very descriptive and intimate - don't you think? He knows Israel. He knows us. He made us. He formed us in the womb. He will help us.

I was listening to the radio recently and came across this song that reflects these verses. Israel's (how appropriate!) "I am not forgotten". Here's a link to the YouTube video of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK7DHsMbxZg (Turn it up load and be ready to jam and dance! Yes, this Southern Baptist girl loves to dance!)
The main lyrics of the song are: I am not forgotten. God knows my name.

I take comfort in knowing that my Savior cares enough to remind me who He is. He reminds me of his power and his creativity. I'm hopeful that you, like me, are discovering the assurance, freedom and boldness that come with knowing Him, believing Him and trusting Him with everything.

Be bold! Be brave! Be you!
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

blr said...

Oh how true! This Thanksgiving weekend has been the opportune time to Praise Him and count all of our blessings (family, friends, good health and so much more). As we continue to trust in Him, our fears diminish and the blessings of each new day provide new adventures in Him.

-t- said...

Amen, we are not forgotten! Even moreso, we are pursued. Oh how He loves you & me :)