Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Picture This - Rebuilding

Rename them "Oaks of Righteousness" planted by God to display his glory.
They'll rebuild the old ruins, raise a new city out of the wreckage.
They'll start over on the ruined cities, take the rubble left behind and make it new.
Isaiah 61:3b-4 (The Message)

I was putting my youngest son to bed tonight and that's where I heard the Holy Spirit's whisper. 
 
See, my youngest son is a reminder of a promise from God.  God promised me that when we learned he would be joining our family that our family, my marriage and our lives would be restored, actually rebuilt.   
 
I was looking at my son as we prayed and thanking God for how He made him and is growing him.  My wee one is learning so many new things.  That's when the Holy Spirit clearly said, "That's the way it works."  I confess my response was, "Huh?".  He continued, "Your son started out completely dependent on you and now he's learning.  He's being built." 
 
In that moment, I realized that God has been staying true to His promise all along.  I just didn't see it that way because things didn't look the way I wanted them too and the process was moving at a snail's pace at best.  But, now that I know that the Creator of the universe is rebuilding me, rebuilding my marriage and family I love the picture He's painting.  My prayer is that this rebuild brings glory to only Him.
 
Resting in Him,
Kim

1 comment:

-t- said...

Rename them "Oaks of Righteousness" planted by God to display his glory.

Yes, you are! Yes, He is!

Rest, my Sister; rest in the beauty of His holiness :)