Thursday, September 9, 2010

Reminders

Had some great quality time with an eternal sister this morning and was reminded of so many lessons that I've learned but am not abiding in.  No condemnation, just desire to abide and stay as close to Jesus as long as possible!

I'm reminded about loving fearlessly.  I have to sit back and laugh as it was exactly a year ago that God and I were wrestling with this.  The match continues and thank goodness God is winning!   http://quartzministry.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html  and http://quartzministry.blogspot.com/2009_09_01_archive.html

So if I love fearlessly I get to enjoy love, which is the best picture of abundant life and freedom if I ever saw one!  So here's to living and being in the moment ready to enjoy Jesus!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

-t- said...

Went back & read your August & September posts from 2009 :)

Good stuff. I am left with these lingering questions:

Are you enjoying God's love for you? I mean really enjoying (to take pleasure or satisfaction in) God's love. If not, then take some time to rest there until you are enjoying His love. If you are, great job, but how are you going to abide there. This is definitely a choice that you alone can make.

What are you filling your heart with? Are you quiet and at rest because you're not depending on anyone or anything else but Jesus? If not, what are you going to do to get there?

Thanks for the 'real'. As we know this time here is to short to be wasted, so let us seek Him!

As for returning to the journal & seeing something similar... here's what i wrote this August:

Often I find the land I am travelling through is ground I have trod upon in days past... the journal pages serve as reminder. Yes, I have been here before.

I am not unsettled. This is the course of my life as I journey with the King. Sometimes paths are new to me, uncharted territory. And sometimes the lessons must be relearned, again and again.

So it is with purpose and passion. This is the third year my heart has heard Him calling...

My flesh wants to whine, "again! what am I missing?"
My heart knows the Truth.
On too many occasions I am missing purpose. In too many situations I am lacking passion.
~ ~ ~
So, this is my third year! Oh how He pursues us... Thank You, Father!
and thank you, Kim :)

Love & prayers,
-t-

Kim said...

Oh, sister - thanks for the re-reminder!

I also want to challenge you about the reminders. God has also shown me that we may have "gotten it" but He also likes us to remember that what it's like there: the freshness and newness of being there, the excitement of victory, the peace that He gives and our wonder of Him.


LOVE IT! LOVE HIM!
Kim